Proposal: Kong Mission Statement (14 Day RFC)

Hi all,

We’ve written up a dense mission statement for Kong that describes the inevitable convergence of trends that necessitate a crypto state. I would love to get your feedback!

Comments will be open for 14 days, and then hopefully we can announce at ETHDenver.

Citizen #027

4 Likes

Updated, if you read it before, give it another once over, I’ve integrated all the comments to date.

@cadillion I believe that the explicit naming of metacitizen/metanation is a critical move forward in the dialog around what a network state constitutes. Bravo!

I agree with the cleanup thus far. I like the clarity of the open and close w.r.t. secure elements and the intra exploration into the implication of metacitizenship.

The one section that I am closely debating is Models of Coexistence – I think that this is really important for folks who are not in Kong Land to form their own understanding of Kong Land in relation to their pre-existing ties to geonations, however, I wonder if one argument here are a bit too strong in favor of those perspectives. Specifically –

For those who believe in rights of sovereignty, the geonation is the original sovereign and the citizen’s controlling authority. Metanations will organize around legitimate interfaces to legacy institutions, another corporate body that nonetheless owes dues to the geonation.

Maybe legitimate is too strong; maybe traditional? Lawful? Conforming?

Really curious about this;

a rich and vibrant metaverse connecting individuals around the world through fiberglass and sunlight

I’m a fan of fiberglass – perhaps too humble? Or maybe just right.

Maybe legitimate is too strong; maybe traditional? Lawful? Conforming?

I’m onboard with changing “legitimate" to lawful.

I’m a fan of fiberglass – perhaps too humble? Or maybe just right.

I was trying to find a more poetic way to say fiberoptic cable and EM spectra, but I’m happy to be more inventive with a vision of more advanced communications technology. Could always simply refer to silica and sunlight which is wonderfully sibilant.

1 Like

Silica and sunlight is great. I was thinking fiberglass roof, not fiberglass cable :smile:

Popping this back up for folks who may have missed it, we lost this post in the midst of EthDenver madness. I think that as we pick up momentum on these other governance items we should publish this mission statement.

I propose we post the week of May 16th.

2 Likes

Agree with you, without manifesto we can’t tell people what is kong land